Arm - technical drawing
- You must draw arm from en face and profile perspectives.
- If your left and right arms are identical, you only have to draw one arm.
- If one hand is open and one is closed, you must draw both hands/arms.
- The proportion of teh arm to teh body is different than on a human. The arm of the puppet is longer and can extend below the knee (before it is hung on strings).
- There are many variations for the connection between arm, hand and shoulder using textile, leather, metal or wood.
Connection using textile is traditional. It is simple and practical. Textile can be coloured or with structure. It can be part of the costume, or it can be covered by another material that is used as a sleeve.
Connection using leather is also simple and practical. Leather is attached into wood using nails.
Combination of leather for shoulder a and wooden joint for elbow is elegant and it is good for a puppet without costume.
Leather make two loops; this joint helps the arm to move in a more natural way like a human arm, but the movement is very soft and nonspecific.