How to assemble puppet
- We should first try to put the puppet together immediately after carving the joints. Then we determine if the puppet can move, sit and kneel.
- After carving all pieces and painting them, it is time to put them together. If we are going to put a costume ofn the puppet, we do it after the final completion .
- We use different wire to connect the joints. For the knees: small wire size 1,3 - 1,5 ; to connect head with body: size 3,5 mm. For wire going through head we use a wire of the size 4 - 5 mm.
- We shape the wire into small hooks so we can take it out safely if necessary. Don't use nails because they are difficult to take out.
- To connect other parts of the puppet we use leather. To connect hands with body, use size 3 - 4 mm. To connect the head with the body, we use size 5 - 6 mm.